Digital Photography Blog

Aidan Mino

Life Through the Lense

LINE, natural.

Line, man-made.

SHAPE, geometric.

SHAPE, organic.

VALUE – black and white final

FORM – feels 3D

SPACE, small depth of field and blurry background.

SPACE, not a lot of space/close up

COLOR, one color is the focal point.

TEXTURE.

1. What strengths and weaknesses do you see in your own work?

I would say that a weakness in my work is that it seems rushed. If I had more time to focus on a picture, I feel the result would be better. However, I must master taking pictures with the time I am given.

2. How might you improve or refine your approach in future photography projects?

I will learn how to use the different lenses and master angles. To master different lenses it will be a case of trial and error, trying things over and over and if it is not good we try something else. To master angles it will be the same thing, using trial and error.

3. Pick one of your photos, what emotions or messages did you intend to convey through this photograph?

The value phtoto that I took conveys sadness and lonliness. In the picture there is a man walking down a field alone and wioth his head down. The fact that this picture is black and white highlights these emotions and messages.

4. Are there specific elements of art you would like to explore further in your photography?

In the future, I would love to explore value more. The element of value deals with the lightness or darkness of a color. Value displays the most emotion for me out of all of the other elements of art. 

5. What concepts or techniques do you want to experiment with in your next project?

In the next project I wil experiment with different angles and different ways of editing. To experiment with different angles is to try taking advantage of lighting and positioning. To try different methods of editing is to take advantage of things like contrast, saturation, constrast, etc.

Next Post

Previous Post

6 Comments

1. Anthony Parent October 6, 2023

Two photos that are my favorite are the small depth of field and the form. I like these a lot because football drags the eye to the center of the photo and with the brightness being higher it makes the football standout and for the photo form I feel the sun set makes the trees darker, dragging the eye once again to the center of the photo.. The man made line is a plain and boring space to find a man made line.This photo could’ve been more creative by finding a better space to take the photo. The composition technique used in the photo geometric shape uses leading lines because the soccer ball is in the corner of the bottom left box.

2. williamkos261 October 6, 2023

I liked Mino’s Natural Line photo. It was really bright and attracted the viewer’s eye. I also liked the organic shape. It too was bright and you could tell he spent time editing it. I thought his man made line was bland. It lacked creativity and there wasn’t a lot of passion behind it. His space photo was an example of filling the frame.

3. liamqui26 October 6, 2023

Amazing

4. lukegar26 October 6, 2023

The two photos I like the best are the form and space. I liked the form one because it is very pleasing to the eye, detailed, and well shot. I liked the space one because it is very interesting and creative. One photo I think could be better is the line-man made one. The reason I chose this is because it is a little boring and maybe if you took a better angle it might have looked more interesting. One photo, the shape-geometric one, uses the rule of thirds. When you first see the image you are instantly focused on the soccer ball.

5. ryanwill26 October 12, 2023

:I think that my favorite 2 photos of his are his natural man made line because to me it looks like the branches are moving out and expanded. I also like his geometric shape, because it is just so simple but it does the job. I think that the organic shape could be better, because I think that it was edited to much because the hand looks yellow. I would say that the natural line photos uses the RULES OF THIRDS. For his man made line the lines

6. liamqui26 October 16, 2023

Aidan did amazing work and showed me his creativity through the lens. However, some of his pictures look like they weren’t edited in photoshop. Despite this minor problem Aidan pictures looked really well and I am proud of his abilities to get work done. I like his picture of the ram representing texture because of the amount of vibrance and color it has and it stood out to my eyes. I also really love the natural line photo of the tree because I took that picture and I like it a ton. I am not a huge fan of his color picture because it is just a picture of the grass and I feel as if he could’ve put more effort into that and found a better picture to use. However, I really like his picture of the wall which he used for a man made line and it is because of the texture that it displays along with the lines giving it shape and also the darkness making the scenery look spectacular.