Digital Photography Blog

Aidan Mino

History Repeats Itself

Cristiano Ronaldo as King John II.

In my composite picture, a painting of King John II is portrayed with Cristiano Ronaldo’s face on it. Ronaldo is regarded as a king in Portugal because of his amazing football skills. Combining these two, I am able to make a composite picture of the two kings of Portugal

I would advise you to be patient and to focus on the details. Things like changing the skin tone, the opacity, placing layers on top of the picture, and cropping the picture.

Next Post

Previous Post

4 Comments

1. lukegar26 December 13, 2023

What I like is how both images are perfectly blended together. I also like how you connect both people in the images. Ronaldo is probably the greatest Portuguese athlete of all time and he is being compared to a king. One thing that could be better is his head. It looks like he has no back of his head. If this is fixed, it would look more complete and perfect. One piece of advice I would give is editing Ronaldo a little more. If you edited him a little more he would look more like the painting. If he looked more like the painting, the image would be better,

2. jamessar26 December 19, 2023

I like how the face matches with the picture. It goes in well and matches the head shape of a person who would be in that painting. One thing that could be better is the image quality, some parts of Ronaldo’s head look pixelated, and I think you could have chosen a larger photo. One piece of advice is to make the skin tone match with the neck. It is a small thing about the photo, but his face and the neck skin tone don’t look the same color, and it would be better if you changed it. I think putting a texture over the face to make it look like the painting would look a lot better.

3. samgoo26 December 19, 2023

Who are you critiquing?
    Aidan Mino
    Which image? Describe
    Ronaldo on King John II
    What do you like most about the photo? Explain writing 3 sentences in the block to the right.
    I like the link between the two of them. Although King John II was an actual king of portugal, Ronaldo is widely considered to be the new “King of Portugal.” This makes it even better because the 2 of them are virtually the same.
    What is one thing that could be better in the photo? Explain writing 3 sentences in the block to the right.
    Just like Ryan’s, it would be better if he blended the necks together. It gives it a lot more realism. Necks are also a lot easier to blend than putting a head onto another head.
    What one piece of advice for the photographer to help them make their work better next time? Explain writing 3 sentences in the block to the right.
    Blend necks. It makes it look a lot better and more realistic. If you do that your images will be a lot better.

4. michaeldra26 December 19, 2023

What I like the most about this photo is the shadowing technique that he used. It makes the face of Ronaldo pop out to the viewer more. The colors also pop really well with the photo idea.
    One thing that could have been better was the choice of picture that he used for Ronaldo. It was a little silly and a more serious face of Christano would have fit the picture better. The picture would have been picture perfect then and would be great.
    One piece of evidence that I would give to the photographer is to make his photo a little brighter and clearer. The photo would then be attractive to the eye. This photo would also be smooth and clean with the addition of this.